In photography space, I always believe that creativity comes first and equipment comes later. Though this is acceptable buy our mind, to flaunt that creativity, some gear should be in hand.
When any person wants to do any photography the first points triggers in mind that which camera, I should purchase to start. Do I need buy DSLR or Compact camera. Now a days, there are very good inbuilt camera in smart phone but true feeling will not come for photographers unless you click on shutter button and hear the sound of click.
I am posting my views on criteria to be considered while going for purchase any camera. So here are list of questions, you need to ask yourself, answers of those questions, will help to take logical decision.
- What is budget of camera?
- Do I want to do casual photography or to develop this as long-term hobby?
- Do I want to convert my hobby to passion in future?
- Are you thinking to convert hobby to professional or commercial photography in future?
- Do you want to take Print of your photos or keeping the scope to only social media/digital posting?
- Do you like to travel and want to use camera for all your visits?
- What is age of the person who will be handling that camera?
- Will the camera be handled in shared or solo mode?
- Do you want camera handy to carry or size is immaterial?
- Is photography part of your education?
- Are you doing any research on photography/light/color related
- What kind of photography genre attracts you much?
- Nature/Landscape/Flower Photography
- Wildlife/Birds Photography
- Portrait/Candid/Street Photography
- Architecture Photography
- Product Photography
- Night Photography
- Food Photography
Keep watching the space where I will post my recommendation on which camera is suitable for different criteria listed.